CITY ALADDIN is owned and operated by City Explorer App Sdn Bhd. City Explorer App Sdn Bhd and its affiliates ("CEASB"), may take your personal information when you communicate with us either by logging in to our mobile application, website or contact our customer service and the information that we collected from you may be used and will be kept confidential. This policy sets out how we handle the information we obtain from you for our services on CEASB's mobile application and its related sites, services and tools ("City Aladdin"). We ensure that the provisions and obligations imposed by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 are complied with at all times. Your use of City Aladdin is governed by this policy.
By accepting the Terms & Conditions, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
Upon registration with City Aladdin or when you provide us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Name, date of birth and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information such as credit card/debit card information or bank account information;
- contact information such as telephone number, address, and email address;
- transactional information based on your activities on City Aladdin;
- postage, billing and other information you provide to enquire or dispatch an item for your order;
- correspondence through City Aladdin and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with City Aladdin services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the City Aladdin, ad data, IP address and standard app log information;
- additional information we request you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for instance, we may require you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties. All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in the Company not being able to process your request. To help us to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your telephone number, email address, home address, and other details registered with us are up to date. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have enquiries.
We strictly do not sell your information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Uses of Information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with a safe, efficient and unique experience. You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To authenticate you and your device (may verify with third parties), and communicate with your device;
- To open and register to join City Aladdin related services;
- To identify you for your registered account;
- To respond to enquiries by or made on its behalf;
- To contact you for market research purpose;
- To launch and market about new products, services, special offers or other information of City Aladdin and third parties and monitor the provision, operation and use of such products or services;
- To update and notify you about products & services and other relevant information;
- To provide you with relevant promotional information and services you request;
- To forward publicity materials or other information to you from City Aladdin;
- To process your enquiries and other related services;
- To provide you with services and other content compatible with your device;
- To keep you updated with the information we think you may find useful or you are interested in or which you have requested from us;
- To provide you with location-based services, if applicable;
- To prevent fraud, resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To improve our services, content and advertising; and
- To provide aggregate information to our partners about our users without disclosing information about identifiable individuals;
- Internal record keeping;
- To meet any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable jurisdiction including disclosure or notification requirements;
- Any other incidental and associated purposes in order for City Aladdin to carry out its business and/or relating to any of the above.
Disclosure & Share of Your Information
We may disclose your information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may share your personal information, within or outside Malaysia, with:
- Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, including but not limited to, sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card or other online payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our users on behalf of other businesses. However, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, User ID, IP address, fraud complaints, and transactional history; and
- Other business entities, which we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. For the avoidance of doubt, if CEASB has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, CEASB reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, CEASB may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if CEASB is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. CEASB shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User agrees not to bring action or claim against CEASB for such disclosure. Using Information of Other User(s) You are able to share your information to complete some transactions or perform the services you request. When Users are involved in a transaction, if by any chance, Users may have access to other user's name, user ID, email address and other contact information. In all cases, Users must comply with Personal Data Protection Act. You agree to use user information only for:
- fulfillment of the transaction through City Aladdin and purposes related to the transaction;
- using services offered through City Aladdin; or
- other purposes that a User expressly chooses.
Data Confidentiality & Security
All information you provided to us is stored on our secure servers and will be kept strictly confidential. We will take all practicable steps to ensure the security of your personal data at all times from any unauthorized access. We will endeavor not to disclose any personally identifiable information to any organization unless necessary to operate the Loyalty Program if we are legally required to do so by law. You will be treated as having given permission for disclosures referred to in this policy. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the app.
In the event that you disclose your information to others, separate rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. CEASB does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. If you use any links contained in our website, we do not have control over that other website